New York Auto Accident Statistics
New York Auto Accident Statistics
There are a significant number of people injured in auto accidents every day in New York, which result in injuries requiring the services of a no-fault doctor in Queens.
In the state of New York in 2019, there were 447,021 auto accidents. Those accidents caused 881 fatalities, 121,068 of them caused personal injury, and 325,072 caused property damage. 29% of the accidents in 2019 involved a single vehicle, with the remaining 71% involving multiple vehicles. The statistics for 2020 shown below are preliminary, and you may note that the totals year to date are down significantly. The primary cause of the lower numbers for 202 is a result of a decrease in auto travel due to the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdowns that happened in the state of New York. The data is also not complete for the 2020 year. However, you will see that the trends in the percentage of accidents resulting in personal injuries remained consistent.
|Crashes (Table 1)|
|Severity of Crash-Police Reported (Table 2)|
In reviewing the data, just over 27% of all of the auto accidents in New York resulted in some kind of personal injury. You can safely assume that most of these people needed the services of a no fault doctor to aid in the diagnosis, recovery, and help with any documentation required to file a no fault auto claim.
No Fault Necessary Expenses
New York no-fault insurance is designed to help pay for any “necessary expenses” that may be incurred due to the auto accident. These expenses can include the following:
- The costs of any diagnosis, testing, or treatment provided by a physician
- A percentage of wages lost due to the injuries that prohibited the victim from work (there are some limits)
- Medical transportation to physicians appointments
- Other medically-necessary expenses
- In-home help if your doctor determines it is needed
Can I sue for “serious injury” if I have been in an accident?
You can sue another driver if they caused the accident in which you were injured, and you sustain a “serious injury” as defined by Section 5102(d) of the New York Insurance Law. “Serious injury” means a personal injury which results in death; dismemberment; significant disfigurement; a fracture; loss of a fetus; permanent loss of use of a body organ, member, function, or system; permanent consequential limitation of use of a body organ or member; significant limitation of use of a body function or system; or a medically determined injury or impairment of a non-permanent nature which prevents the injured person from performing substantially all of the material acts which constitute such person’s usual and customary daily activities for not less than ninety days during the one hundred eighty days immediately following the occurrence of the injury or impairment.
Suppose you have sustained a “serious injury” in an auto accident as defined above. In that case, it is essential to work with a doctor who is experienced with no fault auto accidents to ensure they correctly and completely document your injuries and treatment to give you the best chance at a successful suit.
If you have been in an auto accident and need the services of a no fault doctor in Queens, New York, or the Tri-State area, the Medex Diagnostic and Treatment Center can help. Medex Diagnostic and Treatment Center is a multispecialty group clinic with a large team of experienced professionals who can help with a wide range of injuries resulting from an auto accident.
Book Your Appointment By Filling Out The Form Below
Need More Information? Here's Our Free Guide That'll Help You Avoid The Most Costly Mistakes Patients Make!
If you're hurting from a car accident, we know you must be feeling overwhelmed. But we have good news for you: Our e-book solves the biggest questions about getting treatment for your car accident injuries. Click the button below to get started!
Medex Diagnostic & Treatment Center works with you to ensure that you always have access to the treatment and care you require to make the fullest recovery possible. A car accident in New York can be a devastating experience. Let us help you start to feel better if you’ve been in a recent accident. Schedule your appointment with our team today.
Medex Diagnostic & Treatment Center
Follow us on all of our social media accounts to stay up to date with the latest news & tips.